Thursday, June 9, 2016

Review | MAYBELLINE SUPER BB CUSHION




REVIEW: MAYBELLINE SUPER BB CUSHION


I am so happy that Maybelline finally came out with their very own drugstore BB Cushion.  It only retails for Php 749.00 at Watson's or any Maybelline stall, and as their special launch promo, they are cutting Php100.00 off from the orginal price until June 30, 2016.

BB Cushions has been very famous in South Korea because it gives the users the option to be able to apply a BB Cream or Foundation very quickly through the "tap tap" method by just gently tapping the product on to your face.  It's very quick, easy to blend, and it makes it easier to re-apply later on through-out the day.

I personally am a big fan of BB Cushion compacts because it's easy to carry around, easy to apply, and it gives that luminous, dewy, korean-like-celebrity glow.

So here's what you need to know about the new Maybelline Super BB Cushion:


What it is and what it claims to do:
  1. Made with 60% Essence to help nourish and heal the skin
  2. Has SPF 29 / PA +++
  3. Has moisturizing  and correcting properties
  4. Light to Medium Coverage
  5. Flawless - Perfect Skin


The Packaging:
  • Very simple yet elegant
  • Comes with a full sized compact mirror (Not like those cheap mirrors in some compacts)
  • Comes with a soft puff applicator (Unlike the blue puff that comes with other cushions but still effective)
  • The cushion is sealed to avoid contamination of bacteria
  • The compact is pretty thick compared to other BB Cushions



The Shades:
02 - Light
03 - Natural

I got 02 Light as my shade which is perfect because of the yellow base.



The Cushion
What I loved most is that this BB Cushion is packed with so much product, compared to other BB Cushions which has a lot less, and runs out very easily.  By simply tapping the cushion with my finger, I could already tell that Maybelline does know how to be generous.


The Application and The Coverage
As you can see, I only covered half of my face with the Maybelline Super BB Cushion, and you can already tell that the coverage is pretty great.

It did help minimize the redness on my skin, and also minimized the appearance of pores, fine lines, and dark spots.

It also has a cooling effect once applied.


So here's my full face of makeup using the Maybelline Super BB Cushion.
(Please note that I did not use a primer or any base, nor did I use a powder to set it when I used this BB Cushion to get the full effect)



PROs:
  1. The packaging is bulky but very light
  2. The mirror in the compact is good quality
  3. The puff it comes with has the same effect as the Korean puffs from other BB Cushions
  4. The coverage is really good
  5. The finish is not as oily/dewy as other brands
  6. It's very affordable
  7. It doesn't sink in to the dry spots on the skin, doesn't cake
  8. It's a very good everyday BB Foundation
  9. Very blendable, easy to apply
  10. The cushion has a lot of product compared to other brands
  11. It lasted me 6 hours before it started to fade/brush off my skin
CONs:
  1. It only comes in two shades (02 Light and 03 Natural)
  2. I hope they can make the packaging a little bit thinner
  3. The puff seems hard to clean, and since it is thinner, it looks not as durable as other puffs
  4. If you have oily skin, this will make you oil up more
  5. I think you need to set this with a powder because everytime something hard touches my face, the foundation will move (leaves a mark)
  6. No available refils yet
  7. I do hope that Maybelline will come up with limited edition cases for their cushions in the future to have more variety in the case.

So there you have it, over all I love this product and will consider re-purchasing this very soon.  I see myself using this more often than my other cushions as it is a very affordable cushion with very good quality.

I hope you girls find my review interesting and that you learned something.

Please subscribe to my blog and share with your friends!

xoxo,
Monica
BeautyCallManila






No comments:

Post a Comment