Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Review | Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette

A review on my favorite palette, the Chocolate Bar by Too Faced!



I got my Too Faced Chocolate Bar palette for $49 from Sephora.com and my cousin from Los Angeles just brought it home with her.

This palette has created a massive hype in the US, so I had to try it for myself.

What I love:

1. It smells like chocolate.  Apparently, the base ingredient for these shadows is cocoa powder which I know has some anti- aging benefits.

2. The palette comes with 16 shades / colors and gives you an extensive variety for eye looks.  6 of the shades are matte and the rest are shimmery.

3. The eyeshadows are super pigmented, and it is very creamy for a powder shadow.

4. Though it is a powder shadow, I get very minimal or no fallout.

5. The color names are cute and they actually make me hungry most of the time.  The shades are named after different types of chocolate or ingredients that is mixed together when you make truffles.

6. The highlight color (on the lower right), is so beautiful and I'm glad they made it bigger and I get more of it.  I can use it to highlight my cheeks and the bridge of my nose too.
7. For a neutral palette, there are other colors that make it very diverse to get a wide range of eye looks with a neutral base and a pop of color.

What I don't like so much:
1. The packaging is made of tin, and when you close it, it closes lightly with a magnet that isn't very strong so I'm always afraid if I closed it right or not.

2. The mirror could be bigger.

3. It didn't come with a nice eyeshadow brush like the Urban Decay Naked palettes.

4. The insert where they wrote the names of the colors is a cheap acetate one that everybody is bound to lose.  And it is a hassle everytime I open it, I have to put it somewhere I won't forget or lose.  They should have just written down the names below the pans just like the Naked palettes.



Color Description

1. Gilded Ganache - Greenish brown with tiny gold sparkles
2. Salted Caramel - Camel tone light brown that is almost peachy
3. Hazelnut - Metallic taupe
4. White Chocolate - Matte cream color that acts as a good base
5. Marzipan - Salmon pink shimmer
6. Creme Brulee - Metallic gold shimmer
7. Semi Sweet - Matte dark brown
8. Haute Chocolate - A little bit similar to Hazelnut, but is darker
9. Milk Chocolate - Is a matte tan brown that is very similar to the Chocolate Soleil bronzer by Too Faced
10. Strawberry Bon Bon - Matte light pink shade 
11. Cherry Cordial - Wine red brown with a little shimmer
12. Black Forest Truffle - Dark grey brown shimmer
13. Candied Violet - Purple shimmer with a hint of pink sparkles
14. Triple Fudge - Dark brown shimmer that is almost black
15. Amaretto - Dark coffee brown shimmer
16. Champagne Truffle - Highlight color with a hint of light pink



The Look I created:







How I did it:

1. Cover entire lid with White Chocolate up until the brow bone
2. Use Salted Caramale as a base on the outer V
3. Use Creme Brulee or Marzipan on the main lid
4. Use Cherry Cordial as a transition shade on the outer V
5. Smudge a little Semi Sweet on the waterline
6. Use Champagne Truffle as a highlight color for the inner corners of the eyes
7. Use a liquid liner of your choice to create a winged eye look
8. Top it off with mascara and false eyelashes

Hope you guys like this post!

xx
M

No comments:

Post a Comment