Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Tried and Tested : Long Lasting Beach-Proof Make-Up

Hi Sexies!

Summer is almost here and I wanted to share with you my beach/summer must-haves that I took with me on my trip to Maldives to get that perfect long-lasting summer glow!



So, this December 2015, I went on a trip of a lifetime to Maldives!

Maldives is a luxury travel destination somewhere in the Indian Ocean where the rich and famous go for a well spent vacation with the sun, sand, and sea.

So I thought that it would be a perfect time to test out some products that are long-lasting, water-proof, sweat-proof, and basically beach-proof.

I went on this trip with people from the company I work for, so it was really a must to making sure that I always look presentable despite the heat, the sweat, and the occassional dip in the beach.



My tried and tested, guaranteed to last choice products:

1. Sunscreen: UV Active Water-Burst Sunscreen from DERMAX Professional for Face & Body
(Available at SkinStation Branches)


I'm really not a fan of using sunblock because I hate that heavy-oily feeling on your skin, but this sunscreen is the lightest I have ever used in my life, and it has SPF 45+ PA ++++, it has Broad-Spectrum, its water resistant and has a hydrating formula that won't leave your skin thirsty for moisture like other sunscreen/sunblocks do.

The best thing I like about this product is that it also doesn't cake-up your make-up.  And not only that, another amazing thing about this sunscreen is when you pump it out of the bottle, it comes out in a cream form, but when you start rubbing it on your skin, it turns to little droplets of water hence the name "water-burst".  So it's just like splashing a little amount of water on your face without having to suffer from that heavy/oily feeling.  Pretty cool right?


2.  Moisturiser: The Body Shop's Vitamin C Glow Boosting Moisturiser


When going to the beach, you want to stay fresh as possible so you do everything to avoid looking too oily, and maintain just the right amount of dewiness on your face.

The Body Shop's Vitamin C Moisturiser is light weight, and smells so good like a burst of citrus freshness.  It doesn't cake up my make-up as well, and despite it being light-weight, my skin still gets the right amount of nutrition before, and even after sun exposure.

3. Primer: Benefit Cosmetics Stay Flawless 15-Hour Primer

This primer claims to make your foundation last to up to 15 hours.  I tried it and with all the sun, sweat, and sea action, I got it to last for up to about 4 hours maximum before it wore out.  Which is actually pretty good since it doesn't even claim to be waterproof.


4.  Foundation and Concealer: MAC Pro Longwear Nourishing Waterproof Foundation or Covergirl 

Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 Foundation and as for concealer, MAC Pro Longwear Concealer

MAC foundations and concealers always have the best results when it comes to medium to full coverage and lasting power.  So I decided to use their Mac Pro Longwear Nourishing Waterproof Foundation for this beach trip to make sure that I have the best coverage even when I'm swimming and/or sweating on the beach.  The foundation comes in a wide variety of shades available for Asian skin, and the only downside I could find is that it is a bit too expensive for a little small tube.

So I also used a less expensive alternative which is Covergirl's Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 Foundation which claims to have the coverage of a concealer, the lasting power of a primer, and the blendability of a foundation.  This foundation actually did a very good job when it comes to lasting power combined with Benefit's Stay Flawless primer.  The only downside I could find with this one is that it just didn't have my correct shade.

5. Brows: Benefit Cosmetics Gimme Brow or K-Palette's 24H Real Lasting Eyebrow Pencil Brush


Benefit Cosmetics Gimme Brow is my official holy grail brow mascara. I could go forever with just having this as a brow makeup because it can do the job of an eyebrow pencil, brow powder, and brow mascara in one.

It gives me the very natural look of having more brows, and the wand is fool-proof, which means that anyone can use it easily even when you're not used to doing your brows.

I have previously tried using other brow mascaras from different Korean brands, I used to love them, but if I rate Gimme Brow with 10 being the highest, I would give this product an 11 and other brands with an 8.

For a more defined brow, try K-Palette's 24H Real Lasting Eyebrow Pencil Brush to line and define your brows that will last under the heat.


6. Blush: Benefit Cosmetics ChaCha Tint


Benefit's ChaCha Tint is a peachy mango lip and cheek tint which gives out the perfect dewy summer glow.  It lasts longer than other blushes and I can use it for both my cheeks and lips for a very natural look.

7. Bronzer: Benefit Cosmetics Hoola Bronzer

Benefit's Hoola Bronzer is a perfect choice not just for the summer months, but all year round because its the only bronzer I could find that is very easy and buildable to use, and doesn't make me look like I've been punched on the face.

I use it to contour my face, and/or give my cheeks a natural summer flush.

8. Eyes: Benefit Cosmetics They're Real! Push-Up Liner and Mascara



When on the beach, I really don't like using eye products to avoid looking like a racoon later on when I get wet from swimming or when I sweat under the heat of the sun.


But there will be times where you need these products especially when you're attending a beach party for example.  Benefit Cosmetics They're Real! Push up liner and mascara are my holy grail eye products when it comes to long lasting waterproof and sweatproof power.  It even comes with its own remover because these products seriously won't budge once you put it on.

9. Lips: Covergirl Outlast Lip Color in Coral Sunset or Benefit Cosmetics HOOLA Lipgloss


When I need something that will last me the whole day even when I eat, drink, or go swimming, Covergirl's Outlast Lip Color is the way to go.

This lip color literally lasts forever and I usually need a makeup remover to get it off my lips.

The only downside to this is that you need to keep applying the lip balm that comes with it because it dries super fast and cracks up your lips if you don't apply the balm.

Coral Sunset is the perfect coral shade for the summer to match that natural beach glow I was trying to achieve weather I be hanging out by the pool, on the beach, or during a beach party.

Another alternative is Benefit Cosmetics' Hoola Lipgloss.  This is the best smelling lipgloss I've ever come across.  Gosh it smells sooooo good!  It's the perfect summer shade for that bronzed dewy beach look.



10. Oil Control Powder: Etude House's Zero Sebum Drying Powder























Oh boy, this powder is an absolute must if you're suffering from oily skin.  It keeps your face silky matte for hours even when you're going to a beach party or if you just need your skin to look super fresh all day long.

11. Hair Product: Moroccan Sea Salt Spray by OGX (Can be found at SM Dept. Store  or Watson's)



For that effortless sultry beach waves, I use this sea salt spray all over my dry hair, and I just twist and scrunch my locks to get that natural beachy tousled curls.




Please stay tuned for my tutorial on how I used these amazing products for my summer beach looks.

I do hope that you guys find this useful or entertaining and I wish you all a fun-filled summer!!!





XOXO,
Monica









No comments:

Post a Comment