Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Review | Real Techniques Brushes

So when my cousin from Los Angeles came home to the Philippines last month, I finally got my hands on my very first Real Techniques brushes that I ordered from their website : https://realtechniques.com/ 

A very big thanks for bringing them home to me Ate Djho!



There were times that I was a bit hesitant to purchase them here because I was really afraid to get fake ones (not that I have anything against buying fake or imitation products), but if I was going to pay around $20 or around 1,000 pesos for a set of brushes, I might as well get the real deal from the company itself.

So basically the story behind the success and hype of these brushes started with the two gorgeous and brilliant sisters, Samantha and Nicola Chapman, two well known makeup artist and experts from London who used their passion and talents into developing the amazing tools most women and makeup artists are looking for.  And I must say, they do know what we want.

I am amazed by how these brushes fit exactly how I want the product to go on my face, and to be honest, the brushes are actually very versatile as well.

Here are some examples:

1. The Blush Brush


The Real Techniques Blush Brush is rather big and fluffy, so it can also serve as a fluffy powder brush.  And even if you have a smaller face, if you angle this brush on just where you want the blush to go, you will never get too much.  It's genius.

2. The Setting Brush


The setting brush is shaped in a way that it is easier for you to put on setting powder underneath your eyes, and it can also double as a brush used for your highlighter or bronzer for contouring.

3. The Expert Face Brush


The Expert Face Brush is actually one of my favorites.  It is so versatile, I can use it with liquid foundation or cream foundation.  It can serve as a buffing brush, or even a stippling brush for foundation, concealer, or even blush.  I also found it very useful when doing deep contouring with bronzer.

4. The Buffing Brush


The Real Techniques Buffing Brush is also very versatile just like the Expert Face Brush.  Since I already use the Real Techniques Foundation Brush and Stippling Brush for my foundation, I use this Buffing Brush to highlight my cheeks, the bridge of my nose, or sometimes to set powder on my face.  Since this brush is a lot smaller than my big fluffy powder brush, I usually take this with me instead when I am out or on a trip to do my touch - ups.

5. The Shading Brush

Now this brush is an absolute must.  Because I have found this to be very useful in applying my eyeshadow, I have decided to also purchase the Real Techniques Starter Set.  This shading brush can apply cream or powder eyeshadow, and can also make blending in the outer crease a breeze even for my almond shaped eyes.


And though I did not get a photo of me using it, my absolute holy grail brush is the Real Techniques Foundation Brush.  Seriously, this is the best foundation brush I have ever used. Ever.  It applies the foundation really well, spreads it evenly at half time, and it doesn't leave those lines behind that you usually get from other foundation brushes.  The brush is simply amazing.

So, to conclude my review, though I still use my Mac, Bobbi Brown, and Eco Tools brushes, I will definitely go for Real Techniques any time.

Real techniques brushes are inexpensive, really great quality, easy to clean, doesn't deform even after numerous washing, lightweight, and I just love that most of the brushes can stand alone.

Here in the Philippines, I saw that The Ramp in Glorietta Makati has been selling them at prices fairly near to the ones on the website of Real Techniques.  I have also spotted numerous online sellers on Instagram selling these products, so if you are interested, do send me a message and I can refer you to them.

I hope you beauties find my review helpful, and if you did, please do subscribe to my blog or share this entry on Facebook.

Thank you and have an awesome day!

Stay gorgeous!

xx
M

No comments:

Post a Comment